Official site
Adress: ZIP-code 231592, Mosty, Lenin Square, 3
Phone: 8 (01515) 64439
Fax: 8 (01515) 62039
Working hours:
Monday - Friday from 8.00 to 17.00 (break-time13.00 - 14.00 )

Historical and cultural values

As of 1 January, 2021, the State List of Historical and Cultural Values of the Republic of Belarus includes 17 tangible immovable historical and cultural values of the Mosty district, which consist of 22 objects. They include 3 historical monuments, 4 architectural monuments, 10 archaeological monuments. No less important are the 10 archaeological sites of our area (15 objects): 5 burial grounds, 5 man sites, 3 sites of ancient towns and 2 settlements. Historical and cultural values are assigned categories of values in accordance with their significance. One monument has a category of value “2” (the Holy Trinity Church in Plebanovtsy village), the rest have the category of value “3”, and their distinctive spiritual, artistic and documentary values characterize the peculiarities of the development of history and culture of our district.

Church of St. Anna, Lunno village
It was built from brick in 1782, in 1895 it was reconstructed (only the apse was left unchanged). Most of its stone walls were replaced with rubble stones during the reconstruction. Since then, the temple has acquired the features of neoclassical architecture. A rectangular volume under a gable roof with a 5-sided apse. Architectural details (skirting boards, cornices, edging of the blades) are whitewashed and graphically highlighted on a polychrome background of rubble masonry. The 3-cornered fronton of the main facade is a complex construction, which includes a flat, exaggerated pilaster portico with its own fronton. The facade walls are faced with rubble stone, architectural details (skirting boards, cornices, corners of pilasters) are whitewashed and graphically highlighted on a polychrome background of rubble masonry. The interior has an elongated composition along the longitudinal axis. Stretched along the elongated axis, the prayer hall is divided by high wooden pillars (the painting imitates marble columns) into 3 naves. The central one is covered with a wooden cylindrical vault and is connected to the conch apse. The combination of the flat ceiling with the side aisles in the 4-wall volume creates a wide space, the configuration of which resembles ancient Catholic basilicas. The central nave is covered with a wooden suspended cylindrical vault. There is a wooden flat ceiling in the side naves, and a brick ceiling - a conch, in the apse. In the eastern part of the side naves, at 1/2 the height of the hall there are two sacristies with galleries. There are choirs along the western wall. The interior is decorated with seven wooden neo-Gothic altars carved by local craftsmen. Wood is widely used in the interior design of the temple. The church is a monument of late classicism architecture. The decoration is complemented by a painted ornamental frieze with a belt of medallions, connected by garlands, wall arches, ceiling rosettes, and ornamental heraldic paintings.
St. Nicholas Church, Dubno village
St. Nicholas Church was built of brick in 1844, with 3 altars. A monument of late classicism architecture. The monumental square two-tiered volume is completed by a cylindrical light drum under an onion-shaped dome. The nodes of the volume are marked by quad towers with domes of the same shape. The main volume is adjoined by a rectangular apse with lateral rounded sacristies. The apse is distinguished by a three-tiered wooden iconostasis. The icons of the 19th century are of particular value. "St. Nicholas”, "St. George", "John the Theologian". The planar facades are decorated very modestly: they are divided by arched window openings and profiled cornices. 
Church of the Intercession, Belavichi village
Built of brick and rubble stone at the expense of the owners of the Oskerko estate. Renovated in 1872 with funds donated by the parishioners. A monument of Empire style architecture. It has a rectangular volume with a lower semicircular apse under a conical roof. There is a triangular fronton with concave lateral edges on the facade. There is an 8-sided bell tower with a faceted onion-shaped dome above the fronton. The stone iconostasis is arranged in two tiers and is completed with a triangular fronton. Other iconostases are decorated with the icons "John the Baptist”, “The Sistine Madonna”, "The Crucifixion".
Holy Trinity Church, Plebanovtsy village
Built of wood on the southern outskirts of the village Plebanovtsy in 1740. Stone gates and a two-tiered bell tower were built in 1856. The interior decor was made in 1798-99. The rectangular main volume is adjoined by a five-sided apse with sacristies on the east, a nave and two corner towers on the west. The walls are coated and reinforced with vertical braces. The main volume and the apse are covered by a single pitch roof. The main facade is completed with a high fronton with a turret. The walls are decorated with a frieze and a painting made in the grisaille technique. A monument of wooden architecture with Baroque elements.
Mass grave in Mosty, in the cemetery
Mass grave of Soviet soldiers, in the cemetery. 150 soldiers are buried here, who died in July, 1944 during the liberation of the city of Mosty from the Nazi invaders. In 1967, an obelisk was placed on the grave.
Mass grave in Mosty, Sovetskaya street
A mass grave in which 855 soldiers and partisans who died in July, 1944 during the liberation of the city from the Nazi invaders are buried. There is the Hero of the Soviet Union Vasily Zhukov among those buried there. In 1961, a monument was erected on the mass grave – a sculpture of a soldier with a machine gun. In 1985 it was reconstructed. It is a reinforced concrete pedestal 6 meters high on the same base, 7 meters wide, covered with granite slabs, to the left of the pedestal there is a tilted plate with the names of the victims, made on metal plates with embossed metal letters.
Mass grave in Malkovichi village
Situated in the center of the village, in the square. 53 unknown soldiers, who died on the territory of the village Council in the Great Patriotic War and in the battles against the Nazi invaders, are buried there. In 1967, an obelisk was erected on the mass grave. It is based on two rectangular slabs of different heights (the width of the base is 2 meters, the length is 1.5 meters), rising on a wide base and mounted on each other with an obelisk 0.8 meters high with an inscription.